It is critical to use medical equipment in hospitals and clinics. Medical professionals, such as doctors, can assess a patient’s medical needs thanks to the use of equipment. As a result, it is critical to understand the various types of medical equipment available, their various functions, and how they all work cohesively together in order to assist and treat the patient appropriately.
Every day, the number of different types of medical equipment and supplies grows. Medical equipment and supplies are classified into several categories, the most important of which are electronic, diagnostic, surgical, durable medical equipment (DME), acute care, and storage and transport. If you are interested, you can click here to health equipment malaysia.
Here are some examples of health equipments that can be used:
- Storage and Transport Medical Equipment
- Medical supply storage and transportation equipment. This equipment is used to transport a variety of medical supplies to patients and medical professionals for a variety of reasons. The following are the most common types of storage and transportation equipment:
- Carts for Cases, Storage Carts and Utility Carts.
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Long-Lasting Medical Equipment
- DME is a type of medical equipment that is intended to be long-lasting and to provide patients with safe and comfortable support. This type of equipment is primarily used for therapeutic purposes and can be used in both the hospital and at home. They are reusable and meant to be used for a long time. The majority of long-lasting medical equipment is built with load-bearing strength and non-slip features.
The following are examples of common Durable Medical Equipment (DME):
- Mobility aids such as wheelchairs, canes, and crutches
- Hospital cots
- Traction Equipment Lifts
- Diagnostic Medical Equipment
- Equipment or supplies used to diagnose, test, or discover a patient’s condition. The equipment is used to detect any irregularities in the organs or other parts of the body that could be causing the symptoms. Medical professionals would be unable to correctly diagnose patients and provide appropriate treatment without diagnostic equipment.
The following are examples of common diagnostic equipment used in hospitals and clinics:
- X-rays, MRI scans, CT scans, and other imaging machines
- Stethoscopes and thermometers are examples of medical instruments.
- Electronic Medical Equipment
- Electronic equipment is used to design, monitor, and record bodily functions like heartbeats and brainwaves. Electronic medical supplies come in a variety of forms, including:
- Electronic medical records, medical imaging software, and other software
- Monitors include heart rate monitors, blood pressure monitors, ultrasound machines, and so on.
- Medication Dispensers
- Mobile Technology Carts include Mobile Workstations, Computers on Wheels, and other similar devices.
- Powered Medical Devices
- Acute Care
- Supplies and equipment used in hospitals and clinics. This equipment and supplies are used on a daily basis for patient care and must be used by a medical professional.
- Trays for general use
- Trays for minor procedures
- Kits for wound care and skincare
- Monitoring devices
- Non-surgical equipment
- Procedural Medical Equipment
- This is medical equipment that is used in a variety of medical procedures and contains a variety of different items. It is used to assist and make procedures run more smoothly and easily, such as:
- Clamps for surgery
- Scalpels, Forceps, Gloves
- Scissors in Action